Saturday, January 1, 2011

NEW YEAR- NEW OPPORTUNITIES!


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"


OIL ON CANVAS -http://www.jackfischergallery.com/lora_fosberg/


A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.
~Edgar Guest

2011 IS A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY
We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.  ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce


How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

                    Happy New Year & new beginnings 
                   with lots of opportunity for 2011!

   



1 comment:

  1. I for one am oh so thankful for a fresh new year. How are you? Let's get together soon.

    I have to say I am absolutely thrilled that you will be joining me on the carriage ride destined for Royal Wedding Wednesdays. When I hit the "publish" button I had a momentary feeling of panic that my post would be met with only the sound of crickets chirping. It has been quite the opposite, so much so that I feel we have a kindred spirit/sisterhood sorority.

    Here's to fairytales!

    ReplyDelete