Tuesday, February 2, 2010

INSPIRATION IS HERE!

Designer Wendi Young's rest & recharge space



Sherwin Williams 2010 Palette " Treasured"

The first part of my custom rug assignment was to search for a magazine picture for inspiration and direction, as if I had a client and a space to work with. I wanted a room with a blank slate, one that I could put my own stamp on. I found inspiration from the October 09 issue of Traditional Home Magazine in Designer Wendi Young's island Colonial style home. The rug I am designing is for small room off the master bath on the way to the dressing room. The day bed is a massage table in disguise! The rug in the picture is non-descript and I plan to use the above yarns that correspond to The Sherwin Williams palette named Treasured. It feels like the colors will flow with the rest of the house in the article. I am working on three designs and will choose one to take further into the design process. Sometime in the future I plan to post another project I did last semester where the same color palette was used.

Wish me LUCK! Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment